Maison Joseph DrouhinMaison Joseph Drouhin
Maison Joseph Drouhin

Joseph Drouhin
History


Joseph Drouhin was a daring and enterprising young man who came from the Chablis region. In 1880, at the age of 22, he settled in Beaune and founded there his own wine company. His aim was to offer wines of great quality that would bear his name.

His son Maurice succeeded him and began to establish a vineyard domaine for the House, purchasing land in some outstanding appellations such as Clos des Mouches and Clos de Vougeot.

Robert Drouhin, who succeeded Maurice in 1957, gave the domaine its present dimension, acquiring many vineyards, especially in Chablis where he was able to recognize the true potential. He was one of the first in Burgundy to introduce "culture raisonnée" (doing away with pesticides and other chemicals) and to build a laboratory of enology run by Laurence Jobard, the very first woman enologist in Burgundy.

Philippe, Véronique, Laurent and Frédéric are Robert and Françoise Drouhin's four children. They uphold the values of the House and its constant quest for quality, for the pleasure of all those who have a deep appreciation for the natural elegance of Burgundy.