152nd Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction
19.11.2012The 152nd Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction was held on Sunday 18th and presided over by Carla Bruni-Sarkozy.
512 barrels among which 111 barrels of white wines and 401 red wines were put up for sale.
The bidding raised 5.3 Million Euros, which is very high because of the limited number of barrels for sale.
As a result, the average price increased by 58 % with a high increase for the reds (+ 67%) and a moderate one for the whites (+18%).
This increase reflects the strong interest of foreign buyers, as local negociants remained more cautious.
The tip charity lot was sold at 270 000 Euros; it is the 2nd highest record in this Auction.
Maison Joseph Drouhin acquired :
- 8 casks of Beaune Premier Cru cuvée Maurice Drouhin
- 1 cask of Beaune Premier Cru cuvée Nicolas Rolin
- 2 casks of Volnay Santenots Premier Cru cuvée Gauvain
- 1 cask of Corton Grand Cru cuvée Charlotte Dumay
- 2 casks of Mazis Chambertin Grand Cru cuvée Madeleine Collignon
- 3 casks of Pouilly Fuissé cuvée Françoise Poisard
- 2 casks of Meursault Genevrières Premier Cru cuvée Philippe Le Bon
Through these purchases Maison Joseph Drouhin shows its close relationship with the city of Beaune, the Hospices de Beaune and its respect for tradition and Charity.
Frédéric J. DROUHIN